Three FP7 funded collaborative projects with close relationships to ORGANIC are currently being operative:
AMARSi (Adaptive Modular Architecture for Rich Motor Skills)
- Mission: exploit principles of neurodynamics and neurocontrol to endow complex and compliant robots with rich sets of motor skills
- Coordinator: Jochen Steil, COR Lab, University of Bielefeld, Germany.
- Reservoir Computing methods will play an important role. ORGANIC partners Herbert Jaeger, Wolfgang Maass, Benjamin Schrauwen also participate in AMARSi.
- Project Type: Integrated Project; start: March 2010; runtime 4 years, 10 European and 2 associate Extra-European partners
PHOCUS (toward a PHOtonic liquid state machine based on delay-CoUpled Systems)
- Mission: design and implement a photonics realization of a liquid state machine (LSM), with the potential for versatile and fast signal handling.
- Coordinator: Claudio R. Mirasso, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Spain.
- Project Type: FP7 FET; start: January 2010; 7 European partners
RUBICON (Robotic UBIquitous COgnitive Network)
- Mission: develop a self-sustaining, adaptive robotic ecology consisting of mobile robotic devices, sensors, effectors and appliances. Learning capabilities will be provide by embedded dynamical neural networks, including reservoir computing models.
Prof Gregory M.P. O'Hare and Dr Mauro Dragone
Project Type: STREP projec; start: April 2011; runtime 3 years,
9 European partners.